I don’t know how people renovate a whole house and don’t loose their minds – I spent almost all day yesterday driving around looking at floating floor options, and I STILL don’t know what I’m actually going to do… maybe I’m being a little picky, but there’s so much to consider: budget, quality, aesthetics, acoustics, installation, timeframe… so many things… All I know right now is I need to make a decision soon or I’ll be moving in with concrete slab floors!
Anyway, no-one came to hear about my indecisiveness around floor coverings, so what is this post all about?
This animation was a part of an assignment I did earlier this year (not the incredibly annoying strategic marketing strategy one I’m doing now…). We had to create our ‘First Animation’. There were a few guidelines, but nothing to strict…
- The main ‘object’ was to be made of play-doh, or modelling clay, or something along those lines.
- The story had to involve some sort of problem resolution.
- The draft-up of the story had to contain at least six frames.
Everything else was up to us.
I put mine together by painting the background on A3 paper and creating the moving pieces then laying it all out flat on my desk.
Then I rigged up a tripod of sorts over the paper using a wire kitchen cupboard shelf frame and some canisters of flour from the pantry, lol 🙂
I set up my iPhone into position by laying it on the shelf above the paper, then I moved around the bits and pieces tiny-bit by tiny-bit, taking a photo every time. I took a lot of photos, easily over 100!
After that was done I loaded all the photos into iMovie and messed around with it for a couple of hours =-/ I’ve only every used iMovie once before so I didn’t (and still don’t) really know how to use it properly.
iMovie was pretty user-friendly though, at least for the basic things I wanted to do anyway. I sped up and slowed down the time on each frame depending on how I wanted the story to flow, then I added some music and sounds from the iMovies library.
I know the animation is by no means perfect, but I was pretty psyched with how it turned out 🙂