I mentioned in my post about the Pop Art Cactuses that there was this random step in the tutorial about using the Adobe Capture app to create a shape. I had a little look at it at the time, but didn’t really do much with it because it didn’t seem to fit in with the tutorial and the instructions on using it weren’t very clear.
Since then I’ve been playing around with the app a bit and I think I’ve figured it out…
- In the Adobe Capture app, tap ‘Shapes’ and ‘+’ to create a new shape.
- Find something you want to make a shape out of… I found things with a higher contrast worked best.
- The green lines around the object are the lines that will make up your shape.
- You can get more detail in your shape by using the slider under the camera window.
- Next you can remove lines and things that don’t need to be part of your shape.
- The app will smooth the lines and will show you what your shape will look like.
- Save it to your library.
So far I don’t really have a need to make shapes, but it’s kinda fun 🙂