It’s a grey day today, drizzling with rain and cold. And why is it that Winter clothes all seem to be so dark and dreary… I might have to go an get myself a bright pink coat or something to add a bit of colour to my Winter days… For now though I thought I’d post a few notes on colour theory for a little escape from the grey…
- One of the main elements of graphic design.
- Use of colour influenced by popular culture and trends.
- Hue – Another word for colour.
- Tone – Brightness, tint or shade of colour.
- Additive Primary Colours – Red, green and blue – together form white.
- Subtractive Primary Colours – Cyan, magenta and yellow – together form black.
- RGB – Additive primary colour model. Used for digital and electronic displays.
- CMYK – Subtractive primary colour model. Used for print.
- Tints – Colours with white added.
- Shades – Colours with black added.
- Neutral Colours – Greys, blacks and whites.
- Warm Colours – Reds, oranges and yellows.
- Cool Colours – Blues, greens and purples.
- Saturation – Purity of a colour with an absence of black, white or grey.
Stay warm 🙂