The BEST recipe book I’ve bought in ages!
Gooood Morning 🙂 How are we all today? Aside from the strange feeling that I don’t have an assignment I should be working on, I’m pretty good 🙂
I really liked putting together the little ‘Favourites’ post at the end of last month so I’m glad I decided to make it a ‘thing’ and do it every month.
It’s been really good taking time throughout the month to think about the things I’m liking or enjoying. Maybe it’s like a little gratitude practice perhaps? Hmm… Seeing as a lot of the things I write down are ‘material’ type things, then maybe it doesn’t count as what other people would call a gratitude practice… but, anyway, going slightly off track there, haha!
So what have I been loving this month… lots of things!
- Lola Berry‘s new book – “Food to Make You Glow” – OMG – I have cooked probably about 10 or 12 recipes from the book so far and every one has been awesome! So. Good.
- The sitcom series ‘One Day at a Time‘ on Netflix… I’m not usually a huge sitcom fan, but I loved this and binge watched the whole of Season 1 in about a week!
- Cashews + Maple Syrup + Cinnamon + Pinch salt + frypan for about 5-10 minutes = amazing-ness! I ate a lot of these over the month, so much so that I had to stop making them for awhile, haha 🙂
- Magda Szubanski‘s memoir “Reckoning‘. I remember watching Magda when I was a kid on Fast Forward and Full Frontal, and of course in Kath & Kim, but I’d never really given her as person too much thought. This month though Magda was the Guest Speaker at the International Women’s Day event I went to, and hearing her talk made me download her book. And wow, from her family history, and her own personal struggles, it was such a moving book.
- The Being Boss Podcast. I’ve been listening to this for awhile, I think almost since they first started, but it’s been getting to feel more and more relevant as I’ve been nearing the end of my course and starting to think about what I’m going to do next 🙂
- Halsey – “Castle” – awesome song!
Have a great day!
Soooo so good!
I like stuff, and things, and I like sharing stuff and things that I like, sooo I decided to start a regular post and share a bit about the stuff and things I’ve been liking lately, lol
It will be pretty random – TV shows, songs, food, whatever, but hopefully I can introduce or start an interest in something for other people… who knows 🙂
For this first ‘Favourites’ post I have….
- Wild Orange Essential Oil – Yum! One sniff of this scent and my brain just says ‘Summer Holiday’. I love it! I’ve made a little roller with coconut oil, lavender oil and the wild orange oil that I’ve been using as a perfume lately, and I’ve also been putting it in the diffuser with some peppermint oil in the morning – about 3 drops of each. It is so good!
- Side Hustle School Podcasts – A project started this year by Chris Guillebeau, one of my favourite writers/travellers/entrepreneurs/people, Chris encourages everyone to start a side hustle by delving in to the stories of successful side hustles. You have to listen to it!
- The Civil Wars album “Barton Hollow” – I first heard of The Civil Wars through a social media post by Brittany Viklund, and now I think I’ve listened to this album ah about 60 times!
- Pana Mint Chocolate – Before my autoimmune diagnosis, I was a Cadbury’s-family-block-all-to-myself kind of girl, buuuut that had to change and thankfully I discovered Pana Chocolate! It’s raw, organic, handmade, vegan, non dairy, no soy, gluten free, no refined sugars… alllll the good things, AND it tastes awesome! Also, I don’t need to eat a whole block to feel satisfied – one or two squares and I’m good 🙂
- ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’ by Nina George – Wow. I loved this book! It was one I downloaded on my phone on a whim, and totally not what I would usually read. But it was great… I may even have shed a tear or two!
Let me know if you try/like/love any of the things I’ve mentioned – would be great to hear what other people are loving!