Morning All! Hope you are well, just dropping by with Online Finds for you this morning. A bit of this and a bit of that… Enjoy 🙂
It’s a grey day today, drizzling with rain and cold. And why is it that Winter clothes all seem to be so dark and dreary… I might have to go an get myself a bright pink coat or something to add a bit of colour to my Winter days… For now though I thought I’d post a few notes on colour theory for a little escape from the grey…
- One of the main elements of graphic design.
- Use of colour influenced by popular culture and trends.
- Hue – Another word for colour.
- Tone – Brightness, tint or shade of colour.
- Additive Primary Colours – Red, green and blue – together form white.
- Subtractive Primary Colours – Cyan, magenta and yellow – together form black.
- RGB – Additive primary colour model. Used for digital and electronic displays.
- CMYK – Subtractive primary colour model. Used for print.
- Tints – Colours with white added.
- Shades – Colours with black added.
- Neutral Colours – Greys, blacks and whites.
- Warm Colours – Reds, oranges and yellows.
- Cool Colours – Blues, greens and purples.
- Saturation – Purity of a colour with an absence of black, white or grey.
Stay warm 🙂
Good Morning! What a week it’s been! I got the keys to my new house last Thursday and since then it’s been go-go-go kicking off the few renovations I want to get done before I can move in, you know small things like knocking out walls, replacing the flooring and changing the cornice, lol. Needless to say, not a lot of study has happened recently. I have a report to write for my next assignment, it’s not super interesting so that’s not helping with the motivation either I have to say… I’ll hopefully get it finished and submitted this week though – then I can move on to the next module – fingers crossed it is more interesting than the one I’m just finishing up!
Anyway, today I thought I’d share another little list of interesting articles and things I’ve found online recently – some design related, and some not, because like I’ve said before – inspiration can come from anywhere, hope you enjoy 🙂
Have a great day!