Gooood Morning 🙂 How are we all today? Aside from the strange feeling that I don’t have an assignment I should be working on, I’m pretty good 🙂
I really liked putting together the little ‘Favourites’ post at the end of last month so I’m glad I decided to make it a ‘thing’ and do it every month.
It’s been really good taking time throughout the month to think about the things I’m liking or enjoying. Maybe it’s like a little gratitude practice perhaps? Hmm… Seeing as a lot of the things I write down are ‘material’ type things, then maybe it doesn’t count as what other people would call a gratitude practice… but, anyway, going slightly off track there, haha!
So what have I been loving this month… lots of things!
- Lola Berry‘s new book – “Food to Make You Glow” – OMG – I have cooked probably about 10 or 12 recipes from the book so far and every one has been awesome! So. Good.
- The sitcom series ‘One Day at a Time‘ on Netflix… I’m not usually a huge sitcom fan, but I loved this and binge watched the whole of Season 1 in about a week!
- Cashews + Maple Syrup + Cinnamon + Pinch salt + frypan for about 5-10 minutes = amazing-ness! I ate a lot of these over the month, so much so that I had to stop making them for awhile, haha 🙂
- Magda Szubanski‘s memoir “Reckoning‘. I remember watching Magda when I was a kid on Fast Forward and Full Frontal, and of course in Kath & Kim, but I’d never really given her as person too much thought. This month though Magda was the Guest Speaker at the International Women’s Day event I went to, and hearing her talk made me download her book. And wow, from her family history, and her own personal struggles, it was such a moving book.
- The Being Boss Podcast. I’ve been listening to this for awhile, I think almost since they first started, but it’s been getting to feel more and more relevant as I’ve been nearing the end of my course and starting to think about what I’m going to do next 🙂
- Halsey – “Castle” – awesome song!
Have a great day!